We are looking for a highly organized candidate with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of library assistant. Library assistants are responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization, assisting customers with internet access, managing inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone, among other duties.
Library Assistant Responsibilities:
- Helping customers locate books.
- Helping customers find material online.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
- Register new customers and maintaining and updating customer profiles.
- Assisting customers with internet access.
- Inspecting the condition of books before and after check-out to ascertain any damage on behalf of the customer.
- Assisting with library events and reading sessions.
- Managing the payment of fines.
Library Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Some experience in a customer service role.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Salary and Benefits
- 10-15 hours per week with some flexibility
- Nine paid holidays
- Friendly atmosphere
For more information contact, JoAnn Bush, email@example.com or call 765.345.5095
To apply for this position, download and complete the application form and return it to:
Knightstown Public Library
5 E. Main Street
Knightstown, IN 46148
You may drop your application off at the front desk, in one of the book drop boxes, or use the USPO.